Sunday, August 3, 2008

Surprise Adventure for Eric!!

As you may know, Eric always has some special date or surprise for me up his sleeve. So...this time it was my turn! I discovered the Chicago Water Taxi now comes all the way down to Chinatown on Saturdays, AND that it's dirt cheap (pre-requisite for fun in the Weddle household). To top it off, I discovered that it turns around at the base of the Chicago Trump Tower construction site. If there's anything that Eric likes, besides me of course, its tall buildings, and if they're still under construction, well, he has to work very hard to contain himself.
So, I told Eric...well, actually, I just told him I had a surprise and that he should be VERY excited! Then on Saturday morning, after I had a nice long chat with Becky Foster, we headed to our pick up destination: Ping Tom Park in Chinatown. This location was especially helpful in further delaying the surprise. We've been to Ping Tom plenty of times, and there is no sign of a water Taxi stop-I just knew from the website where they'd pick up. We enjoyed watching the elderly Chinese at their beautiful Tai Chi while we waited. Eric, still unaware of The Plan, was wild with anticipation.

Then, it came.



At first all we could see was a little yellow blur around the river bend, then, I exclaimed with great excitement, "WE GET TO RIDE THE WATER TAXI!!" Eric was so thrilled that he passed out, and had to be carried by the 80 year old 4 ft. tall Chinese man who barely flinched as he hoisted Eric onto the boat. A few minutes later, Eric was fully revived, and we were headed up the river. Here are some pictures of our adventure!

We hope you will all come to visit, and we'll take you on the water taxi too!










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay- the most fun part is reading Elizabethan Freeverse. I do like a good one now and then. Cute top!

The Weddles said...

Fun! Thanks for posting! Hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow! ~ Em

Unknown said...

WOWEEE!!! A real live water taxeeeee!

the allmens said...

What man wouldn't appreciate a wife who takes him on dates to construction sites??